RMIT University – ECP Laboratories
The project involved the establishment of advanced porous materials laboratories for the new ECP Directors, Professor Rachel Caruso and Professor Ivan Cole, RMIT staff and Higher Degree Research (HDR) students.
This consisted of seven laboratories across RMIT University’s City Campus, including:
- Main wet chemical laboratory requiring four fume cupboards and an exhaust sleeve, MilliQ water and DI water.
- Photocatalysis laboratory (dark room) requiring a blacked-out fume cupboard with separate exhaust sleeves and high purity gas inlets connected to gas bottles located outside of the laboratory.
- Ovens laboratory (high temperature and high-pressure work) requiring reinforced walls, special door and exhaust sleeves, high purity gas inlets connected to gas bottles located outside of the laboratory.
- Instrument laboratory requiring exhaust sleeve and multiple high purity gas inlets connected to gas bottles located outside of the laboratory.
- Electrochemistry and functional coatings corrosion science.
- Nanoscience and molecular chemistry.
- Autonomous science and robotics which required space for device prototyping and production.
Lucid were engaged to complete the mechanical, specialist gases, electrical, hydraulic and fire protection services for the $3M project.