Charles Darwin University – B2 Data Centre
Charles Darwin University established a new data centre facility at their Casuarina Campus to support core University operations across their entire portfolio of ICT services.
Lucid was engaged as the Lead Consultant to design and document the new data centre solution, including engagement of architectural, structural, civil and acoustic services. The project works included:
- New data centre facility.
- N+1 uninterruptible power supply infrastructure.
- N+1 dual coil CRAC unit air conditioning arrangement comprising:
- Chilled water connected to precinct cooling system.
- Direct Expansion (DX) for backup solution.
- Stand-by generation.
- Power conditioning and surge filtering.
- Positive pressurisation.
- Humidity control.
- Aspirated smoke detection.
- Gaseous fire suppression.
- Energy monitoring and integrated environmental controls.