Codan Mawson Lakes Development
Lucid was engaged to undertake the engineering design and ICT project management services for the redevelopment of Codan’s new global head office in Mawson Lakes Technology Park, South Australia.
Lucid completed the integrated fitout for all engineering building services including electrical, mechanical, fire and hydraulic services. Lucid was also engaged in a project management capacity for execution of ICT, AV and Security packages.
Lucid was able to add significant value to the project in the early stakeholder engagement, with Renewal SA, Codan and the wider design team. This was based on our intimate knowledge of Codan’s manufacturing operations, our site base building experience and our capability in site energy and asset enhancements.
Innovations incorporated into the design included:
- Engineering for server rooms including cooling and power infrastructure with n+1 redundancy.
- Robust and highly secure ICT / network installation.
- Network infrastructure split across multiple server rooms with redundancy.
- Cooling systems and uninterruptable power supplies with n+1 redundancy.
- Fibre connections to two exchanges for n+1 internet connectivity.
Base building plant upgrades including removal of the inefficient dual duct, constant air volume system, thermal plant upgrades, replacement of base lighting with LED solutions and improved automatic controls and metering to improve site tuning. Improving the base building plant energy efficiency rating from 2 to 4 stars.