Conservatory on Hindmarsh
Adelaide CBD, South Australia
Conservatory on Hindmarsh located at 131 Grenfell Street, Adelaide, is a 19 level combined office, apartment and retail development consisting of, 54 apartments, 4,400m2 of commercial office, 500m2 retail and a 3 level car park.
At the time of construction this project was one of the most innovative developments to be constructed in the Adelaide CBD, comprising of cutting edge sustainability features. Lucid were responsible for the design of the Mechanical, Electrical, Hydraulic, Fire, Vertical Transportation system and Sustainability services. The project was completed with a sustainability focus, which included:
- The only grid-embedded (mains connected) micro-turbine co-generation system in Adelaide CBD.
- Photo-voltaic generator facade.
- Whole of building optimising automated building control systems.
- Swimming pool heat recovery.
- Rainwater storage and reticulation throughout.
- Totally automated and energy efficient lighting systems.