Flinders University – High Voltage Infrastructure Upgrade
Lucid was engaged to develop a Master Plan for the Bedford Park campus enabling the University to improve the reliability of the high voltage infrastructure and accommodate future developments.
The Flinders University Bedford Park campus was constructed circa 1965 with a High Voltage (11kV) ring-main electrical network. Over the past 40-50 years, the campus has grown significantly and a holistic review of the high voltage network was required to develop a plan for the future.
Lucid was engaged to develop a Master Plan for the campus enabling the University to improve the reliability of the high voltage infrastructure and accommodate future developments. The project team was able to develop a plan for improvement and arrange in separable portions to suit risk, budget and practical sequencing for successful delivery.
Lucid was engaged to complete the design packages including associated network protection studies and critical work plans to limit major impact to University business operations during critical change-over works.
Lucid has assisted the University to successfully execute six consecutive years of construction works with final stages completed in 2019.
The project works included:
- 2+5 year multi-stage programme of works.
- 2off new 11kV incoming supplies.
- 8off new 11/0.4kV distribution transformers.
- 12off new 11kV Ring Main cable sections (2.5km length).
- 4off new 415V Main Switchboards.
- High voltage system modelling and load flow analysis.
- Protection Study review and development of protection settings for all new and existing protection devices.