Fleurieu Regional Aquatic Centre (FRAC)
The project comprised the construction of an indoor aquatic and recreational centre on a four-hectare green fields site located on the Fleurieu Peninsula of South Australia.
Lucid were appointed as the role of building services, sustainability and fire safety consultants for the $21M project.
The building includes the following facilities:
- Main building containing:
- Indoor eight-lane 25m lap swimming pool.
- Indoor multi-use rehabilitation and programme pool.
- Indoor leisure pool.
- Multi-purpose function, community and activity rooms.
- Creche facility.
- Commercial kiosk.
- Office accommodation.
- Toilet, shower and change facilities.
- First-aid and life guard rooms.
- External undercover children’s water play / splash pad.
- Plant and equipment enclosures.
- External car park.
The project was completed in January 2017.