Menzies School of Health Research
Adelaide, South Australia
Menzies School of Health Research, Darwin, is the only Australian health and medical research institute with a primary focus on the health of Indigenous communities and people living in tropical and remote areas. The new facility was designed with a strong sustainability focus, with the objective to deliver a high performing energy efficient research building.
Lucid were engaged by the Menzies School of Health and Research to provide a full suite of engineering services to support the proposed research centre including laboratories (PC2), Controlled Environments, Cool rooms, Offices, Meeting and Conference Rooms, Auditorium and Amenities.
Initiatives adopted by Lucid included the following:
- Passive building envelope design
- CO2 control of outside air
- Outside air pre-conditioning heat recovery systems
- Ceiling fans to provide improved air movement and to directly cool occupants
- Automated building control systems
- Automated and energy efficient lighting systems
- Low flow tapware/shower heads/urinals
- Dual flush toilets