University of Sydney – Health Services Refurbishment
Sydney, New South Wales
The University of Sydney underwent an extensive refurbishment of the existing Health Services Facilities within the Wentworth Building.
The space comprised 9 consultation rooms, a large treatment room, offices, administrative and waiting areas.
The project improved clinical, administrative, and patient experiences and interactions through state of the art equipment provided with inviting and professional surroundings.
Lucid Consulting were engaged to prepare design for key elements including: –
- Electrical infrastructure works.
- Uninterruptible power provisions for storage of sensitive materials including high capacity battery systems.
- Body protected electrical infrastructure, nurse call and security duress systems.
- Integration of a secure digital patient information system within the University communications network.
- Upgrade of existing central mechanical systems to suit the increased floor areas and additional ventilation requirements.
- New hydraulic systems that reduce potential contamination risks and improve infection control.
- Medical standard LED lighting throughout including adjustable examination and procedure lighting.