University of Western Australia, Gingin
Gingin, Western Australia
University of Western Australia located in Gingin, underwent an upgrade to improve fire requirements in association with the NCC, Lucid were engaged to report on the existing remote campus.
Lucid were engaged to report on the existing remote campus. Reporting included assessment of the campus against:-
- Bushfire attack Levels (BAL).
- Insurer requirements.
- Fire and Life Safety in accordance with the National Construction Code (NCC).
- Rural Fire Service Requirements.
- Department fir Fire and Emergency Service Requirements.
Upon completion of the reporting Lucid were engaged to design the following systems:-
- Fire service water pumps utilising a combination of dedicated onsite water storage and bore water.
- Fire Hydrant outlets. Fire hose reels and portable fire extinguishers to enable fire brigade operations and initial fire attack throughout the site.
- Bushland and building drenching systems.
- Sealing the building fabric for ember protection.